Thursday, October 06, 2011

I feel all I have been doing recently is procrastinating. Pondering how wonderful I'm going to make my house look with fresh paint and antique furnishings, how much time and effort I'm going to put into the films I'm directing, yet I find myself retreating beneath the duvet as soon as I arrive home, a green tea in hand, current read in the other, before drifting off. I'm making efforts to be healthier, hoping this will help me feel as motivated as I did not long ago. I want my hair to grow, I want my legs to shrink. I know these wishes are self indulgent, some only wish to recover from a serious illness, but I do not and my petty wishes seem relevant in my procrastinating mind. 


1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much this resonates with me. It's almost painful to admit to. But then I think of the times where I actually DO make things happen, and I know I'm unstoppable, so it's not really a matter of if, but when. You'll make it happen. Don't worry. The times you don't do something are only amplified by your mind, but you'll make it happen. Something inside you won't let it go without being done. If it's what you truly want you'll find it in you to do it.

    ReplyDelete